Thursday, July 29, 2010

More Malfunctioning

Today has been a very unlucky day. I arrived at RIT extra early this morning because I needed to collect data from my zinc sulfate samples. When I arrived at the NMR the door would not open. My key wouldn't turn! :( Eventually someone from the stock room was able to apply some oil and finally open the door. I was very excited and I thought that that was the worst thing that could happen today, but of course I guess I thought too soon. Once I started working on the NMR it wouldn't give me any signal. Instead of a peak, the software showed a very strange graph. Dr. Hornak worked on fixing the intrument, but he couldn't figure out why it wasn't working. We finally rebooted it and it began working. I lost two hours of NMR time! :(
Fortunately, I was able to get data for zinc sulfate at 50.0 degrees and 40.0 degrees Celsius. Tomorrow I have to begin and finish my abstract.

No comments:

Post a Comment