Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Jumbo Subs


Today was a field trip day. All of the other interns enjoyed a couple extra minutes of sleep, but I had to wake up extra early to get to RIT at 7:30 in the morning. This was the only time that I could be dropped off at RIT and I needed to use the NMR machine before we left for our field trip.

I was a bit annoyed that I had to wake up so early, but when I realized that we were traveling "in style" to JML Optics I got very excited! The limo bus that we piled into was very comfy and I felt very important. Once we arrived at JML Optics with our cool safety glasses we split up into groups and toured the building. My absolute favorite part was when we saw the $1,200 chunk of glass. The rest of the tour was interesting, but it smelled kind of bad and I was really hungry. After a short presentation we left JML Optics and traveled to Amiel's and I finally ate some food. (yay!!!) Helen, Rebecca, and I all got Jumbo subs. I decided to try something new and had a seafood jumbo sub with a Fuze strawberry guava flavored drink. The seafood didn't taste as bad as I thought it might in my sub and I really liked the strawberry guava Fuze. I think I might start trying something new everyday! On the way back to RIT we took some pictures and had a mini dance party. :)

After our field trip I got back to work with a very full stomach. I showed Dr. Hornak my data and planned out my day tomorrow. Then Rebecca and I joined the other interns outside playing volleyball. I am not that amazing at volleyball and it felt like it was 120 degrees outside, but I still had a lot of fun playing for the rest of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment