Monday, August 16, 2010

New Research

I came to work after playing tennis in the blazing sun. Dr. Hornak told me some new ideas for research to add on to my presentation. Today I learned that research actually does just lead to more questions and therefore, more research. There's always a way to learn about a process or substance in greater depth. Unfortunately, I don't know if I'll be able to get everything done since I will be testing the samples at 5 different temperatures, which would usually take me 10 hours. I started creating my samples today, but I couldn't get very far since I didn't have a balance to weigh out 7.4681 g of gadolinium sulfate. Hopefully I'll finish my creating my solutions tomorrow and I'll test them at 20 C. On Wednesday I can try to test the samples at 2 or 3 more temperatures. I guess we'll see how far I can get before the presentation on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment